Royalty Relations

Texas Royalty Owners

 Pursuant to HB 981 passed by the Legislature of the State of Texas, we  are required to provide you with the following information: 

Section 91.504, Texas Natural Resources Code, gives an owner  of a royalty interest in oil or gas produced in Texas the right to  request from a payor information about itemized deductions, the heating  value of the gas and the Railroad Commission of Texas identification  number for the lease, property or well that may not have been provided  to the royalty interest owner. The request must be in writing and must  be made by certified mail. A payor must respond to a request regarding  itemized deductions, the heating value of the gas or the Railroad  Commission of Texas identification number by certified mail not later  than the 60th day after the date the request is received. Additional  information regarding production and related information may be obtained  by contacting the Railroad Commission of Texas’ office of Public  Assistance or accessing the commission’s website.


I have a question about my royalty check.

We currently sell the crude oil to CIMA-Energy If your question is about Oil; Please  contact Royalty/Interest Owner Relations  

Phone: 713-209-1112  Fax: 713-759-1186

If your question is about Gas; Please email your question to or Call 281-357-0330 x 23

When will I get paid?

Most royalty owners will receive a monthly check. Small amounts are accumulated and paid as stated in your division order, usually $100, or once a year. Most states also have laws that affect this policy.

What is a Division Order

What is a division order?  A division order is an authorization for payment by the owner directing the payor to pay the owner in accordance with the decimal interest set out in the division order. The owner should always verify the accuracy of the information contained in the division order prior to signing and returning the instrument. The owner must provide the correct Social Security number/tax identification number to the operator to avoid suspension of interest and the deduction of back-up withholding as required by the Internal Revenue Service. The owner should maintain a copy of the division order for future reference.

How do I transfer my interest in a property?

  Interest may be transferred by a recorded instrument of conveyance. The conveyance must be recorded in the county where the property is located. CIMA must receive a recorded copy of the conveyance to transfer interest and issue division orders. You may want to have your attorney prepare these documents. If transferring to a trust, please provide a copy of the document appointing the trustee.

Share the big news

What if I change address or marital status?  Address changes must be received in writing. Please send changes to:

 CIMA ENERGY, LTD., attention Division Order Department. CIMA ENERGY, LTD  Attn: Division Order  100 Waugh Drive, Suite 500 Houston, Texas 77007 Fax # 713-759-1186  

Include your name, old address, new address and signature. Please include your owner number and Social Security number for verification. Please send a copy of your marriage certificate to update your name as a result of marriage or a copy of your divorce decree as a result of a divorce. CIMA will forward the information on to EEPC.

Other Questions

 What happens when owner of a property dies? Once notified, the deceased owner revenue will be held in suspense until receipt of the proper probate documents or affidavit of death of heirship is received. Upon notifying CIMA, you will be sent a package describing what must be received to transfer the interest from the deceased owner to the appropriate parties See forms section below.